Daniela V. Luquetti, MD, PhD
Daniela V Luquetti, MD, PhD, is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Washington School of Medicine. She completed her medical geneticist training in 2005 and her PhD in Publich Health in 2009. Dr. Luquetti's research focuses on the genetic and non-genetic risk factors of craniofacial conditions.
Dr. Luquetti has a broad background in medical genetics and epidemiology, with specific training and experience in birth defects. As a doctorate student, she conducted birth defects surveillance research and secondary data analysis on epidemiological aspects of birth defects. As a postdoctoral fellow at the Division of Craniofacial Medicine at the University of Washington, she has expanded her research to include the assessment of genetic sequence variation as well as other potential genetic causes of birth defects. She is currently studying genetic and non-genetic risk factors for microtia (underdevelopment of the external ear).
- Microtia: Epidemiology and genetics.
American journal of medical genetics. Part A, 2011 Nov 21
- Microtia-anotia: a global review of prevalence rates.
Birth defects research. Part A, Clinical and molecular teratology, 2011 Sep: 813-22
- A phenotypic assessment tool for craniofacial microsomia.
Plastic and reconstructive surgery, 2011 Jan: 313-20
- Surveillance of birth defects: Brazil and the US.
Ciencia & saude coletiva, 2011: 777-85
- [Quality of birth defect reporting in the Brazilian Information System on Live Births (SINASC): a comparative study of 2004 and 2007].
Cadernos de saude publica / Ministerio da Saude, Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, Escola Nacional de Saude Publica, 2010 Sep: 1756-65
- Validity and reliability of the Brazilian birth certificate for reporting birth defects.
Journal of registry management, 2010 Fall: 112-20
- Quality of reporting on birth defects in birth certificates: case study from a Brazilian reference hospital.
Cadernos de saude publica / Ministerio da Saude, Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, Escola Nacional de Saude Publica, 2009 Aug: 1721-31
- Al-Awadi/Raas-Rothschild syndrome: two new cases and review.
American journal of medical genetics. Part A, 2007 Dec 15: 3169-74
- A case of autism with an interstitial 1q deletion (1q23.3-24.2) and a de novo translocation of chromosomes 1q and 5q.
American journal of medical genetics. Part A, 2007 Nov 15: 2733-7
- Contiguous gene syndrome due to an interstitial deletion in Xp22.3 in a boy with ichthyosis, chondrodysplasia punctata, mental retardation and ADHD.
European journal of medical genetics, 2007 Jul-Aug: 301-8
- Gillespie syndrome: additional findings and parental consanguinity.
Ophthalmic genetics, 2007 Jun: 89-93
- Fraser and Ablepharon macrostomia phenotypes: concurrence in one family and association with mutated FRAS1.
American journal of medical genetics. Part A, 2007 Feb 1: 241-7
- Congenital temporomandibular joint ankylosis: clinical characterization and natural history of four unrelated affected individuals.
The Cleft palate-craniofacial journal : official publication of the American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association, 2005 Nov: 694-8