Carrie Heike, MD, MS
Carrie L. Heike, MD, MS, is attending physician at Seattle Children's Hospital and associate professor of pediatrics at the University of Washington School of Medicine. She completed a clinical fellowship in the Craniofacial Center at Seattle Children's Hospital. Dr. Heike's research focuses on the genetic epidemiology of craniofacial conditions. She has a special interest in working with families and children with 22q11.2 deletion syndrome. She is investigating the genetic variation in children with this syndrome and aims to understand whether this variation contributes to the development of craniofacial anomalies in 22q11.2 deletion syndrome. She is also using three-dimensional imaging combined with anthropometry to quantify the craniofacial variation in syndromes that affect craniofacial structures.
- Wilamowska K, Shapiro L, Heike CL . Quantification of 3D face shape in 22q11.2 deletion syndrome. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging. (In press.)
- Speltz ML, Collett B, Stott-Miller M, Starr JR, Heike CL, Wolfram-Aduan A, King D, Cunningham ML. Case-control study of neurodevelopment in infants with deformational plagiocephaly. Pediatrics. 2010 Feb 15. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID:20156894.
- Heike CL , Starr JR, Rieder M, Cunningham ML, Edwards KL, Stanway I, Crawford D. Single nucleotide polymorphism discovery in TBX1 in individuals with and without 22q11.2 deletion syndrome. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 2010; 88(1):54-63.
- Digilio MC, McDonald-McGinn DM, Heike CL, Catania C, Dallapiccola B, Marino B, Zackai EH. Three patients with oculo-auriculo-vertebral spectrum and microdeletion 22q11.2. Am J Med Genet A 2009; 149A(12):2860-2864.
- Wu J, Wilamowska K, Shapiro L, Heike CL. Automatic analysis of local nasal features in 22q11.2DS affected individuals. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2009; 1:3597-3600.
- Heike CL , Cunningham ML, Hing AV, Stuhaug E, Starr JR. Picture perfect? Reliability of craniofacial anthropometry using 3D digital stereophotogrammetry in individuals with and without 22q11.2 deletion syndrome. Plast Reconstr Surg 2009;124(4):1261-1272.
- Heike CL , Avellino AM, Mirza SK, Kifle K, Perkins J, Sze R, Egbert M, Muzaffar A, Hing AV. Sleep disturbances in 22q11.2 deletion syndrome: a case with obstructive and central sleep apnea. Cleft Palate Craniofac J 2007; 44(3):340-346.
- Cunningham ML, Heike CL. Evaluation of the infant with an abnormal skull shape. Curr Opin Pediatr 2007; 19:645-651.
- Heike CL , Cunningham ML, Steiner RD, Wenkert D, Hornung RL, Gruss JS, Gannon FH, McAlister WH, Mumm S, Whyte MP. Skeletal changes in epidermal nevus syndrome: does focal bone disease harbor clues concerning pathogenesis? Am J Med Genet A 2005; 139(2):67-77.
- Slavotinek A, Parisi M, Heike CL, Hing AV, Huang E. Craniofacial defects of blastogenesis: duplication of pituitary with cleft palate and orophgaryngeal tumors. Am J Med Genet A 2005; 135(1):13-20.