Arriving and Getting Set Up
- About the Department
- Benefits overview
- UW benefits: contact Julie Hanon, Faculty Specialist, 987-5554.
- CUMG benefits: Tammi Crawford, 987-8468; email@example.com
- Leave and vacation
- Policies and procedures
- UW Parking/transportation and Husky Pass
- Children's Parking: Lynn Pryce - 987-2668 - Monday-Friday, 7 am - 3:30 pm
- Office space, phones, etc
- Contact your Division Chief for administrative contact.
- UW NetID and email
UW Faculty Orientation and DevelopmentBack to top
- Residency Training (Richard Shugerman, MD Director)
- Medical Student Education (F. Curt Bennett, MD, Director; Sherilyn Smith, MD, Associate Director)
Faculty in the Department of Pediatrics must become members of the Children's University Medical Group (CUMG). CUMG provides payroll services, malpractice insurance, clinical billing and collection services and other. Refer to your CUMG Members Guide for more details. View Children's University Medical Group Compliance training.
CUMG standard clinical sites and hospital privileges
- Seattle Children's
- Harborview Medical Center
- University of Washington Medical Center
- Other clinical Sites of Practice
- As a member of CUMG, you may not practice medicine outside of sites of practice that have been approved by the Dean of the School of Medicine and the CEO of Seattle Children's.
- Permission to practice outside of the major institutions listed above may be requested through a "Sites of Practice Request". Please contact your Division chief for specific details.
Getting a medical license is your responsibility. You may request reimbursement from our practice plan, CUMG.
- State of Washington medical commission licensing information
- Out of state licenses for outreach and regional clinics: State of Alaska
- Office of Sponsored Research
- Clinical Research Handbook - A UW handbook to help ensure that the administrative start-up process for industry-sponsored clinical trials could be accomplished as quickly and efficiently as possible.
TeachingBack to top
Family Support Resources
- IMA Athletic Center
- Mental health services
- Sick leave policies
- Lactation rooms at clinical and research sites
- Childcare at the UW
- College education saving
- Elder care